Monotub Grow Log ( 2 mini tubs, agar to BR to exotic Poo Mix)

Discussion in 'MUSHROOM CULTIVATION' started by blue_grouse, Jun 9, 2021.

  1. blue_grouse

    blue_grouse New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Hey all, new to the forum but wanted to share my current project. Small scale, mini tubs: one is unmodified and the other has two very small ports covered with micropore tape.

    I have been working on building plates the past few months, and finally got my B+ rhizo isolation where I want it. So, I am running two tubs:
    1) From Tomentose (spell check) agar plate, original de-contaminated isolation (v1)

    2: Rhizo agar plate start to Brown Rice, the agar was a 4th round of transfers and a beautiful plate (there are lots now :) ) pics below too..

    Spawn: Brown Rice. I do not plan on running brown rice anymore, it is too prone to issues, over 40% of my jars went bad for one reason or another. I was particularly aseptic too, so I think it was really just a shit spawn issue.

    Sub: exotic poo poo mix from Poo God (ostrich, cow, some other bovine poo + some coir and additives I believe)


    The grain bag from tub "1" (tomentose LC bag) took forever, incredibly slow (like 6 weeks).

    The jar from my rhizo isolation plates took about a week and were beautifully mycelliated.

    I will post some images below and along the way! At time of writing, I am waiting for the tubs to be fully colonized.
     
  2. blue_grouse

    blue_grouse New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Very rough first plate of the B+ genetic I was given:
    https://imgur.com/gbEiyA8
    [​IMG]

    First transfer out of contam plate: early rhizo:
    https://imgur.com/WkLuToz
    [​IMG]

    Second rhizo transfer:
    https://imgur.com/1CsSfz3
    [​IMG]

    Final result:


    "Tub 1" the non rhizo, grain spawn and LC bag (much slower):

    This was started on 5.24.2021 and this is from 6.8.2021
    [​IMG]

    I have noticed that this tub and set up has had significantly slower growth in all stages.

    "Tub 2" was started on 6.4 and this photo was taken today, The growth and coverage is just nuts.
    I will be waiting to about a week longer for this to look fully colonized throughout (same with tub 1).
    Tub 2: https://imgur.com/lzlhNEi

    [​IMG]



    I will be posting updates as they come! I have learned how patient I need to be with all of this, and how important a proper aseptic approach is. Thanks to Phill Golden Teacher for the spawn tek (even though I am switching).
     
  3. blue_grouse

    blue_grouse New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    [​IMG]
     

    Attached Files:

  4. FunG

    FunG Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2021
    Messages:
    38
    Gender:
    Male
    Looking good blue_grouse .

    I'd admire that you had to take the time to clean it up on agar first.

    I've got a b+ print that I've been needing to get to, you're grow just may inspire me to do it sooner than later.

    I'll be watching this thread.
     
  5. blue_grouse

    blue_grouse New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Updates:

    Fruiting conditions were started a few days ago. Primordia coming in on tub 1 (flipped a few days earlier) and tub 2 looking like it is starting as well

    I had a third larger tub of PE6 that I thought was total loss, it had cobwebs, but I have been treating it and it is in FC due to the extra FAE I have given it (I heard cobweb hates fresh air).. Anyways, it has started pinning and fruiting as well, which is a cool bonus! Picture below.

    First pic it the little dots of primordia on the B+ tub 1 which was the slower one, no need to update tub 2 yet but when it starts to pin I will crack it and take a peek.
     
  6. blue_grouse

    blue_grouse New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Tub 1
     

    Attached Files:

  7. blue_grouse

    blue_grouse New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    PE tub (I just hit it with some more H202)
     

    Attached Files:

  8. FunG

    FunG Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2021
    Messages:
    38
    Gender:
    Male
    Hopefully all is not lost with that pe#6 tub, it burns and presses my buttons anytime I see a substrate catch contamination mid fruit. But with that peroxcide treatment you might be able to atleast prolong the end and save the surviving fruits.

    Cheers to hoping for the best.